Sunday, January 4, 2009

Day 26

Morning weigh-in: 137.6. My reaction: I don't know...but I do think what they say is true...eat small meals every 2.5-4 hours and you will notice a difference right away! I guess my metabolism was "on" all day.

This morning I covered 1.4 miles...a variation of walking, speed walking, 5 short sprints and 4 sets of 30 walking lunges.

BF: 9am: Cheerios (150), Snack: 11:20am: 1/2 homemade protein bar (90)-ummm, this was pretty gross, so I am not posting the recipe, and lemonade (5), Lunch: 2pm: 1/2 homemade wrap (145) and nectarine (65), Snack: 4:30pm: other 1/2 of wrap (145)....so before I got home from work, around 6:15, I had eaten 600 calories. Dinner: homemade chicken soup (my poor fiance is sick). I ate some chicken as I was shredding it and I was tasting dumplings as I was making them to check on the consistency (this is one thing I HATE about cooking, I get full before the meal is even finished). Then I had a small bowl with the fiance and a very small piece of bread with Smart Balance on it. I also decided to have a treat tonight and I got a kiddie-size ice cream from Marble Slab (sweet cream ice cream with Oreo mix-in). I ate about 3/4 of it and put the rest in the freezer (this was a very new experience for me, I didn't think it was humanly possible).

2 comments:

  1. You're doing so awesome!

    I'm going to swap my eating around.. I've been doing 3 meals and 1-2 snacks, and now I think I'll just make them all mini meals. About how many calories should I aim at for each meal? 300?

    I have to run 4 miles today, so I should probably eat something here soon. I woke up so bloated this morning. My ring was even tight! I don't even want to know what the scale has to say.. I know its from the McDonalds yesterday. Even though I had a grilled chicken salad, I'm such it had a disgusting amount of sodium in it.

    Good luck and keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh, I HATE when I wake up that bloated! I always skip the weigh-in.

    I wouldn't aim for 300 at each meal but thats just me. I like to have more calories for either dinner or lunch. So I don't make the calories strict. I pretty much listen to my stomach. If 150 calories fills me up at BF, I go on...if not, I eat a little more. If I plan out 300, it tends to add up to too much in the end. Like today, I planned on eating the whole protein bar as my first snack. I didn't like it and I was kinda full so I stopped eating. I used to follow the 300 rule and I would've eaten something else right after. Then I would have felt too full but still hungry in 2 hours. Plus I wouldn't have had the freedom to have ice cream tonight.

    I pretty much wake up in the morning, see if there is a special bigger meal that day and plan around it. If I have a lunch date with a friend, all my mini meals will be 100 calories or so so that I can eat what I want at lunch. If there is no bigger meal ahead, I listen to my stomach and try to stay just under 300 for each "snack" with no treats.

    ReplyDelete