Friday, January 2, 2009

Day 24

Morning weigh-in: 138.9.

I woke up at 6am to go to the gym before my 12 hour shift. I weigh-in at the gym about once or twice a month on their doctor-style scale. I did this morning and I lost exactly 8 pounds since September 18th. I did 30 minutes of cardio on the treadmill: 5 min warm-up, 5 min high incline speed walk, 5 min run, repeat incline, repeat run, 5 min cool-down.

BF: Cheerios (150), Snack: Zone bar (190) and Tropicana Light Lemonade (5), Lunch: homemade wrap (255), small nectarine (65?), Snack: sample of salmon, white rice and asparagus that the grocery store was serving, Dinner: Cereal (240)...so about 1100-1200 calories.

My fiance is coming down with something so I really hope that I don't feel sick. I will go to the gym before work tomorrow as long as I feel good.

A quote I love: "Motivation is the key to success. Master it, and you can master anything." I guess it makes sense. If you are motivated enough, not even a doughnut or cheeseburger seem too appealing. All you want is to fuel your body with clean food that will make you look and feel hot. Not ones that will make you feel greasy, gassy and fat. The problem is mastering the art of motivation.

3 comments:

  1. I think you look great in your pictures! I started the diet yesterday. 1170 calories and am allowing myself a max of 1200 each day. I ran with my running group and it felt great! I'm off to the gym now to meet with my personal trainer to do some assessments! Happy 2009!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Amy! Happy 2009 to you too! Congrats on getting started. Thats always the hardest part. Try not to be extremely rigid on the calories all the time. The only way I get through my 1100-calorie days is knowing I can eat 1500 calories the next day if I thought I needed to. Its a great time of year to get an assessment done. Trust me, I was not happy with mine last September and I am actually looking forward to getting another one done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm tagging you for not posting yet today. J/K...for serious you are tagged-check out my blog to see what it's all about! :P

    ReplyDelete