Saturday, January 3, 2009

Day 25

Morning weigh-in: 137.8 (yes, I shit you not)...so I recently switched my birth control back to Yasmin, which contains a diuretic. I know it kicked in yesterday. Not only did I pee 500 times but I always know when it kicks in...[Caution: do not the read the following if you have trouble with TMI]...I feel that every month, a few days into my pack, when the diuretic effects are at their highest it seems, my pee changes scent. Not like a bad odor or anything, just weird, more chemical smelling. Anyway, the point is, I blame Yasmin on my loss, haha. I am sure my weight will go back up.

So I slept in before my my 10 hour Saturday shift because I was lazy. I know, it sucks.

BF: Raisin Bran (185), Snack: 1/2 homemade wrap (120) and lemonade (5), Snack 2: Zone bar (190), Snack 3: sample of the grocery store stuff that was served up yesterday, "Lunch" (I call this lunch because it was bigger than my previous snacks, but it occured at 5pm): other 1/2 of wrap (120), nectarine (65?), Dinner: bean, veggie and rice salad from the other day, 5 scallops.

Not a bad day.

Oh, I might have forgotten to add one little thing...I bought a bag of Raisinets (**shame**). I was craving a huge bowl of ice cream SO BAD that I thought I was gonna have a binge. So I bought a 190 calorie bag. I ate 1/2 of it before dinner and 1/2 after. Ugh. Even with that I am guessing about 1400 calories for the day.

9 comments:

  1. That is AWESOME!! Way to go!

    I used to be on Yaz, and I loved it. It's the only pill that didn't cause me to have psychotic mood swings when Aunt Flo visited. Yet, it got way too expensive when I lost my insurance. I'm going to the Dr next month to get my annual and renew my 'script, so hopefully it'll help me drop a few too!

    Also, when are you sending out your invites?

    ReplyDelete
  2. you suck on the 10 things but great job on day 25! Maybe I should switch to Yaz? I'm on some dumb generic. It's working though so maybe I shouldn't mess with it. No, really, thanks for "playing"...it was nice to know the things you did mention.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks girlie!

    I am waiting for them in the mail. They are scheduled to come between now and Jan 7th. Then I have to stuff, address and add a bow. So that might take a few days. I'll prob send them around the 15th or 20th. You?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amy, trust me as a pharmacist, whatever you do, do not mess with birth control if it is working for you. Everyone reacts so differently in so many ways to different levels of hormones and types...from mood swings to weight gain to headaches, etc. If you feel normal, don't switch. Yaz, the low dose of Yasmin, made me spot all month long. Everyone is different. Plus Yaz costs a fortune, Yasmin is now generic, thank goodness.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Plus Yasmin decreased my libido. I am getting off of it after the wedding. I just don't want to "experiment" in the next few months with new pills and be spotting all over the place or getting other side effects.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job!Your doing awesome!I'm hoping to lose 2-3 pounds this week.Stay Strong JC

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job girl! I am sure that it is not just the BCP. You are working so hard! Keep it up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey...just curious, do you weigh every morning? It seems like that helps me for some reason. I know all the different weight loss campaigns tell you not to, but if I don't, it's like I completely lose sight of it and end up gaining 5-10 lbs. Anyways, your blog is very interesting. Good luck with the wedding!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Amber! I have been weighing in every morning lately. I feel that it keeps me on track. I know about natural weight fluctuation so I don't let a pound or 2 weight gain get me down too much. I think in general some people focus on the number way too much and therefore shouldn't be weighing in everyday. If slight variation bothers you, weigh in once a week, same day, same time of day and 1st thing in the morning with no clothes. Then you can't blame it on something you ate or wore that day.

    ReplyDelete