Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Day 8

I weighed-in this morning even though I said I wasn't going to. I couldn't help myself. I was 141.1. It could've been a lot worse.

This morning I walked/jogged 1.4 miles before work. Not too impressive but I didn't have much time. I worked 9-9. Tonight I did the 100 push-up challenge with my fiance. I have been slacking with the challenge. I "attempted" week 3, column 2, day 2.

BF: Zone bar, Lunch: 1/2 spinach wrap (turkey, mustard, veggies, no cheese), 1/2 small mozzarella and tomato salad, small piece of watermelon, Snack: tiny sample of salmon and 3 gnocchi the grocery store was serving up, Dinner: 1/2 wrap and 1/2 salad left from lunch, grapes. All in all about 1400 calories.

Today they had some samples of cookies out on the counter. I really wasn't too tempted to go out there and grab one. I thought, hmmm...it would be nice to eat some of those and then I let the thought go. WOW, I was surprised. I think sometimes food consumes our minds. You see something you want and the debate goes on and on and on in your head. Should I? Shouldn't I? Man I really want that. But I can't. Can I? Maybe one won't hurt? Ugh, I can't dedide!!!! In reality, it should only be a one-time question of, Is eating this going to help me reach my goals? or Do I think I should have this? If the answer is no, we should let the thought go. Why waste time on debating about it. Its a simple decision when you really think about it. A simple decision that is a true reflection of strength and power. How weak are we to sit there in agony debating?

No comments:

Post a Comment